About a week ago, I developed a challenge for myself: once I go through the 24 pack of Mountain Dew in my dorm room, I'm no longer allowed to drink soda of any kind for the rest of the semester. Today is my first day living up to that challenge, and so far I'm doing okay. I've also decided that I'm cut back on my Taco Bell intake, and try to eat healthier. This objective too, has started off okay.
Today after I woke up, I decided that instead of a cheeseburger or a sandwich from Subway, I was going to get a salad for lunch. I did, and it was delicious! I also was even more proud of myself for not getting anything to drink, but coming back to my dorm and mixing a Crystal Light packet into a bottle of water instead. If I can keep this up all semester I'll be in good shape, no pun intended.
Another thing I'm going to try to work on is my emotional condition. Last week was pretty bad, I was depressed, sad, and distant from everything--a lump on a log if you will. Over the weekend my mood improved greatly, not only making the time awesome for me, but keeping my friends from worried about my well-being also. I want to stay the way I am right now, I'm content with my life as it is (this mood made even greater by the knowledge that I'm gonna go play with the cutest fucking puppy I've ever seen).
I want to start dressing more like a girl, but I want to do it without losing touch with my true personality. It doesn't help that the majority of "girl clothes" that I have are more suited for spring/or summer. I can't really wear a skirt and tank top in the middle of winter.
I've also started seriously applying and looking for jobs, because next year I don't want to live in a dorm, or with my aunt. I want to be living in my own apartment...with a dog. I've found what seems to be an almost perfect match for me, and it's fairly close to Highway 76, so getting to Kent won't be a problem. I'm hoping that working part-time now and full-time over the summer will give me a stash of money that will cover the $300 or so payment, costs for having a pet, and possibly the first month or so of rent/utilities. If my parents will still be willing to give me the $75 a week like they were when I commuted from my aunts house, I'll have $300 to put towards the $550 rent each month, leaving around $250 for me to worry about.
That's pretty much it for now, I just wanted to describe in a sense, what I would be talking about in this blog (and offer a form of explanation for my weird URL).
I'll try to update every day, but with school and the social life I'm surprised I have, it may not always be possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment